Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

As I wait to take off to Lake Tahoe to ring in the New Year, I figured I should send in a quick update.

I am so EXCITED to start teaching next week.  It would be even better if it was math, but this should be fun!  I've been working on a class website, and plan on getting all the students to use Flickr, and I am realizing that as far as I can tell, there is only one teacher at my school who uses a website as a serious addition to her class.  Odd.  Ok... there are only a dozen or so teachers, but still!  I feel like my school is going to get seriously left behind.  I did see a stack of projectors waiting to be installed, so that is a good sign.  Its incredibly frustrating to see all the creative ways that other teachers are using tech to improve their students education and think "That would be great, but we don't have (fill in the blank)."  Have to remind myself that good teaching and learning are not dependent upon devices and electricity.

So I hope to be able to more consistently blog here, and have it actually be about school.  It's such a great way to process my thoughts, to have to put them into words.  And hopefully, my lack of Photoshop skills will not be a huge detriment to the class.  I promise to keep working at it.

Off to Tahoe and the snow.  Have a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment