Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sub Day

After two snow days, the kids were finally back to school, and I was in to sub.  Biology again, although at the the last minute I got to sub in the Sheltered Algebra 1 class as well.

I keep mulling over all the great ideas in my head about Standard Based grading and the like, and then I get in these classes and wonder... How on Earth would these kids ever be motivated to buy in to that?  Most of them are just trying to get through, and don't care if they learn anything.  These are the kids that won't do any work, no matter how much it would help their grade.  I wonder...

Bio was good.  Funny how the kids I dreaded at first as the troublemakers are the ones I enjoy the most.  They're funny, and not bad students... just in need of some training!  But those girls!  Why DO some teenaged girls have to be like that?  I didn't like them when I was in high school, and I have a heck of a time liking them now.  I know, my liking them is irrelevant to teaching them, but it would make the whole deal a lot more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment